The bread and butter of commercial litigation, breach of contract claims are at the heart of many commercial disputes. Such claims are rarely simple. Litigating issues like contract interpretation, the existence of a breach and its materiality, contractual defenses such as waiver and ratification, causation, and damages requires a lawyer who is experienced in handling a wide variety of contract disputes.
Whether you are the plaintiff wanting to bring a claim under an agreement for the purchase of a company or a defendant accused of violating a warranty made in the sale of goods, the likelihood is that one of the lawyers at Moulton, Wilson & Arney, LLP has handled a case like yours and is familiar with the issues that generally arise.
Representative breach of contract matters handled by lawyers at Moulton, Wilson & Arney, LLP include:
- Representation of a utility in trial of case brought by Texas cities claiming that the utility had breached a franchise contract by underpaying fees for over thirty years.
- Prosecution of breach of contract claims arising out of a sale of an oil services and engineering company.
- Representation of plaintiff’s lawyers in dispute over the contractual division of over $50 million in attorneys’ fees.
- Prosecution of claims against a Fortune 100 company for breach of a settlement agreement.
- Arbitration of breach of contract case on behalf of seller of real property.
- Representation of a worldwide manufacturer and supplier of marine and protective coatings in a breach of contract/construction dispute involving a $4.6 billion steel processing facility in Alabama.
The experienced Commercial Litigation lawyers at Moulton, Wilson & Arney, LLP will guide you through the litigation process so you can focus on running and building your business. During your initial consultation we will listen to the legal issues confronting your business. We will clearly explain what you can expect from us and what we will expect from you so that together we can achieve your goals.