Houston lawyers with a general litigation practice must be knowledgeable almost all aspects of the energy industry – upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas, natural gas and nuclear power generating plants, and gas and power trading.
Representative energy matters handled by lawyers at Moulton, Wilson & Arney, LLP include:
- Representation of owners of multi-million dollar transloading facilities in various matters, including trial over company ownership.
- Representation of an African oil company against a major national oil company and a foreign government in breach of contract and tortious interference claims seeking damages and rights to oil reserves valued at over $500 million.
- Prosecution of breach of contract claims arising out of a sale of an oil services and engineering company.
- Defense of breach and contract and fraud claims arising out of the sale of an energy waste disposal company.
- Representation of a major oil company in three-week arbitration of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims arising out of a gas and power trading joint venture.
- Representation of the owners of a nuclear power plant in trial against nuclear systems supplier for fraud and breach of warranty.
- Defense of the founder of Houston-based energy brokerage company facing claims by a former partner of breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, tortious interference, oppression and conspiracy.
- Defense of fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims in trial against the general partner of an oil and gas partnership.
- Prosecution of business interruption claims for major power producer for downtime at plants during the California power crisis.
- Representation of a major oil company before the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission in administrative proceedings that threatened the contractual division of property rights in the Prudhoe Bay field.
- Representation of large mid-stream gas company in antitrust case involving claims of price-fixing and territorial division in East Texas gas fields.
The experienced Commercial Litigation lawyers at Moulton, Wilson & Arney, LLP will guide you through the litigation process so you can focus on running and building your business. During your initial consultation we will listen to the legal issues confronting your business. We will clearly explain what you can expect from us and what we will expect from you so that together we can achieve your goals.